Downtown Vancouver’s highly-anticipated Parq casino officially opened with a ceremonial roll of the dice Friday night, following the Coldplay concert at BC Place.
A ribbon cutting was also held Friday morning, with executives and city officials gathering to celebrate the new venue described by its president, Joe Brunini, as “unique to Vancouver, but most importantly, uniquely Vancouver.”
The casino has 600 slot machines, 11 VIP gaming rooms, 74 table games and poker rooms. There are eight restaurants by restaurateur Elizabeth Blau, including:
- Honey Salt – farm-to-table cuisine
- BC Kitchen – comfort food with a twist
- Mrkt East – inspired by Singapore night markets
- The Victor – sushi bar and cocktail lounge (opening Winter 2017-2018)
- 1886 – Cantonese cuisine
- Centre Bar – cocktail and wine bar
- D/6 Bar and Lounge – indoor/outdoor sky bar
- Lotus Whiskey and Tea Lounge – high-quality teas by day, whiskey and bourbon by night
Parq Vancouver also features two hotels – the 281 room, 41 suite JW Marriott Parq Vancouver and the Douglas Autograph Collection with its 178 rooms and 10 suites. The property also features Canada’s first Spa by JW.
The property is home to over 60,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including Vancouver’s largest hotel ballroom. The building is built to LEED Gold standards and is the largest private development in B.C.
Outside the casino on Smithe Street, a stainless steel, freestanding outdoor public art sculpture created by Chinese artist Zhang Huan marks the entrance.
Parq Vancouver video
Parq Vancouver interiors
One day before the official opening, here’s a look at the construction progress a little more than 24 hours before opening day.