Imani Development has launched sales of their upcoming Akimbo tower at Dawson Street and Madison Avenue in Burnaby.
The 40-storey tower, designed by architects at IBI Group, includes 350 units, including one, two and three bedroom homes, plus sub-penthouses and penthouses.
· Public art located just outside the residential lobby
· 24 hour concierge
· Fourth floor amenity area with 8,100 square feet for entertainment, including a fully furnished guest suite, indoor party room, fitness centre, and outdoor courtyard with BBQ, garden plots and children’s play area
· Car washing stations
· Access to parking stalls with electric vehicle receptacles
· One fast charge electric vehicle station
· Bike storage room and bike repair room
· Multiple car sharing vehicles with driving credits available for each home
Renderings: Akimbo by Imani Development in Burnaby
The tower façade is made up of angled, offset balconies wrapping around the building. Each balcony has a unique fin, both an architectural element as well as a functional one, as it will serve as a sun shade.
Payam Imani, president of Imani Development, hopes Akimbo’s unique design will become a landmark in the Brentwood neighbourhood.
“Akimbo is an architectural masterpiece and a future landmark for not just the city of Burnaby, but for any suburb outside of downtown Vancouver. It will without a doubt be Burnaby’s most prolific tower to date.”
Imani says a lot of the commercial activity that we see in downtown Vancouver is expanding to surrounding areas such as Burnaby’s Brentwood neighbourhood, pointing to the upcoming completion of The Amazing Brentwood redevelopment in 2019. The redevelopment of the former suburban shopping centre at Willingdon and Lougheed will add hundreds of new retailers, plus new restaurants, cafes, public plazas within walking distance of Akimbo.
“It’s an exciting time for the community, and the kind of prolific design that has been created for Akimbo is in keeping with the exciting direction that growth in the community is taking,” says Imani.
Views from the homes at Akimbo should be great, with vistas of downtown Vancouver to the North Shore Mountains, and from Metrotown all the way to Mount Baker.
The building is expected to be completed in June 2022.