The Vancouver Modern Home Tour is back, opening doors for architecture and design aficionados to some of the most beautiful and innovative homes in the city.
This is the tour’s seventh year in Vancouver, hosted by the Modern Architecture + Design Society — and there are seven homes available to tour this year.
2019 Vancouver Modern Home Tour homes and participants:
- A new “forever” home for a north shore family in the Capilano Highlands designed by Shelter Residential Design
- The brand new “Third Chapter House”, designed and built by One SEED Architecture + Interiors, located in Lower Lonsdale
- A second Lower Lonsdale project, the MODCUBE laneway designed by Synthesis Design Inc.; staging courtesy of Urban Presentations
- A second laneway home that embraces luxury, located in East Vancouver, designed by Madeleine Design Group Inc. and built by Rain City Renos
- A complete renovation by Architecture Building Culture of a 1971 Barclay McLeod home, located out in Eagle Harbour
- A new modern home in Riley Park, designed by Landefab Design/Build, that has been certified as a ‘Passive House’
- A brand-new modern mansion overlooking Locarno Beach, designed by Frits de Vries Architect, built by Skynet Developers, and currently listed for $12.8mm
Tickets are available now at: eventbrite.com/e/2019-mads-vancouver-modern-home-tour-tickets-65445143185/ Homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, September 14.
The tour is sponsored by the Wilson School of Design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.